Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Patrick Ferreri explains his CD album


Hello, fellow guitar enthusiasts:

Perhaps you can identify with me. At the age of eleven, I took up the steel-string, plectrum guitar – playing Pop music, Country and Western, and Folk music. I was soon smitten by improvised Jazz and beautifully arranged music in the Jazz idiom. That is what hooked me on arranging, and my life has been a never-ceasing quest to improve my arranging skills. In addition to my love of performing Jazz, and arranging it, I love to teach it. Sharing my knowledge is something I do happily – because that is what I have experienced in dealing with my teachers and my cohorts, all of my musical life. I am currently working upon a series of eight manuals that deal with the subjects of arranging, composing and improvising – for guitar players, specifically.

At the age of nineteen, I took up the classic guitar, and became a pupil of the famed teacher, Richard Pick. My original goal was to use the classic guitar to hone my knowledge and skills in contrapuntal arranging and improvising textures. Little did I know, at that time, that I would become enthralled with the classic guitar itself, and its available repertoire.

After devoting many years to creating classic guitar, classic guitar and flute, classic guitar and violin, etc., transcriptions of classical music, I finally re-turned my full attention to Jazz guitar arranging. I arranged, performed, recorded, mixed and produced my own CD album of Old Standard love songs. My album is entitled, Expressions of Love, and is available on the Internet at CD Baby, and Digstation. If you give it a listen, I am sure that you will recognize my deep appreciation of these tunes, and hear the influences that classical music have made upon my arranging style. My record label is called “Rosa-Turi,” named after my Sicilian, paternal grandparents, Rosa and Sarvaturiddu (Salvatorello in Italian).

No comments: